Lead Accountant - BU Controllership
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Thomson Reuters
The BU Controllership Lead will liaise with the business segments, ensure the integrity of accounting information and appropriate accounting of business transactions across all segments, except for News & LatAm. The key areas of responsibility are:
1. Partner with business segment finance across various levels of the organization
2. Help identify and establish accounting positions, including areas that require judgments and estimates
3. Ensure integrity of accounting information and financial reporting; execute monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
1. Business Partner
- Partner with business segment finance; design operating mechanisms to meet close timelines and segment expectations
- Ensure integrity of accounting information in the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
2. Accounting Expert
- Develop and communicate clear expectations for work with internal groups and finance partners to ensure customer satisfaction
- Continue to build technical skills in areas of expertise through review of research, drafting memos and training by managers
3. Accounting Process Owner Revenue and Related Costs
- Maintain compliance with internal controls and accounting processes
- Lead revenue and related cost assurance processes
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities supporting efficiency and effectiveness
4. Le ad by example and promote Thomson Reuters values
1. Close (monthly, quarterly and annually) and audit processes
- Meet timelines within established processes and external reporting requirements
- Coordinate the revenue and related costs within the reporting packages for applicable business segments
- Provide ad-hoc external reporting support
- Key leader for internal and external auditors, manage and meet all audit deadlines
2. Effective internal control environment
3. Initiate documentation of accounting judgements and pronouncement adoption; communicate guidance to business segment finance
4. Behaviors align with Thomson Reuters Values
Skills and Experience:
1. 7+ years of experience in accounting/finance environment; CPA or equivalent preferred
2. Strong working knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP
3. Build and maintain collaborative relationships with customers
4. Integrated financial systems experience preferred (SAP, SAS FM, and BEX)
5. Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to present to a wide audience
6. Viewed as a respected teammate by peers, junior staff and management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America