VP, Customer Markets, Communications
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Thomson Reuters
DFW, MSP or Toronto
The VP of Customer Markets will serve as an ambassador, spokesperson and representative with a focus on all Customer Markets for Thomson Reuters. They will positively drive product, corporate brand awareness and reputation across all audiences and channels. They will lead all customer segments, and manage and co-ordinate the wider customer markets group (partnering with Reuters), with the express aim of helping sell more product and retain more customers.
The successful candidate is an experienced spokesperson, well-versed in fast response internal and external communications, with a strong understanding of the levers that power international businesses, and can demonstrate the ability to thrive in a complex, matrixed organization.
The candidate must have the experience and enthusiasm for communications to think proactively, collaborate, possess the gravitas and finesse to advise senior clients on communications strategies and initiatives, coach on media techniques/initiatives, and ultimately be considered a valued extended team member of the wider communications function.
The role requires the candidate to have a very hands on approach, strong attention to detail and demonstrate total professional versatility.
The ability to manage wider teams will also be an important element of this role.
The position will offer access and exposure to many different departments across the company, and the successful candidate can expect to have dealings with the company's operating committee members, and demonstrate appropriate personal and professional skills with these individuals.
A clear understanding of the role of internal and external communications, along with multiple channel management is essential.
The role encompasses many elements, including, but not limited to:
- Helping promote and market all products, in partnership with colleagues in other functions
- Customer communications - lead and support roles on a diverse set of internal and external communications projects including speech writing, sponsorship, awards, CR, public affairs and legislative affairs.
- Issues management assisting with the formation of, and delivery, of key messages around planned and unplanned issues impacting the reputation of the business and senior management.
- Financial communications - provides support to the company's quarterly financial communications program
- Coordination and alignment of corporate message across customer markets - operate as a resource and a source of knowledge raising awareness of the requirements of coordination across the globe
- Media analysis and monitoring of relevant company, competitor and industry coverage and activity
To meet the challenge, the ideal candidate you should possess the following attributes:
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters or Professional qualification preferred
- Proven experience as a corporate spokesperson or as a journalist in related areas
- Proven experience supporting media outreach program at a senior executive level
- Proven experience handling internal and employee related communications
- Public company experience and familiarity in dealing with confidential/ material information
- Excellent communication skills, additional languages advantageous
- Must have strong relationships with business media
- Proven ability to coordinate a global media program in a matrixed organization (working with direct and non-direct reports)
- Experience in financial services, information services, media and or technology industries an advantage
- International experience an advantage
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Toronto-Ontario-Canada