Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Beacon Health Options
NC: Morrisville (3800 Paramount Pkwy Suite 300)
The EAP Care Manager is a licensed, clinical professional who provides intake and assessment of callers seeking EAP and/or mental health services.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic EAP Care Manager to join our team at our office in Morrisville, NC or Cypress, CA. The EAP Care Manager is a licensed, clinical professional who provides intake and assessment of callers seeking EAP and/or mental health services. Ability to engage positively with callers and offer strategic interventions as well as identify appropriate resources is a key skill in this position.
- Completes intakes with callers to connect them with both clinical and non-clinical resources to address issues presented. Strong use of motivational counseling strategies to assist callers in following through with accessing resources. Ability to identify additional resources beyond counseling to assist callers in resolving concerns.
- Applying Beacon criteria consistently to manage risk and urgent situations as well as to deliver services consistently across client organizations and individual situations.
- Participates actively as a team member to take on projects, utilizes rounds and case consultations with Clinical Supervisor/Manager/Director and Medical Director for direction and for increasing scope of knowledge.
- Maintains productivity standards by effective management of calls, adherence to schedule, and developing in-depth knowledge of client and procedural nuances.
- Uses technology both as a tool for documentation of case interactions and for providing relevant information to callers as a means of self-education.
- Maintains confidentiality, ethical and professional standards, adhering to Beacon Clinical Policy and Procedures and Benefit Plan requirements.
Education: Minimum of a master's degree in a mental health discipline or a minimum of an associate's degree in nursing with three (3) years of related psychiatric nursing experience.
Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United States in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/ACSW/LMSW, LLP, MHC, LPC, etc.).
Relevant Work Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in psychiatric and/or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient treatment and care management services in a behavioral care management organization preferred. Training and/or experience in assessment of substance use disorders required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic computer skills required, including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, keyboard and mouse operation
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of treatment care resources and levels of care available
- Ability to function an interdisciplinary setting
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
AAP Reporting Location:
NC - Morrisville
ID (Req #):
Mon - Fri 9:30am-6:00pm