Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Beacon Health Options
We are currently seeking a dynamic Claims Analyst to join our team in Latham, NY!
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamic Claims Analyst to join our team in Latham, NY! This position is a fast-paced and technical role. The CA is the primary lead on claims and system-related testing. The position monitors, performs analysis and completes adjudication of complex claims on daily, client-specific reports.
- Process complex professional and institutional claims or those claims that require additional research and resolution, including but not limited to, adjudication and/or adjustment of expedited/priority issues
- Review and complete daily client reports under Claims Leadership direction
- Work in collaboration with management to proactively identify client service improvement opportunities and resolve claims-related challenges
- Contribute to a team environment by consistently exhibiting interpersonal skills, promoting a positive and motivating work environment, displaying flexibility with daily operations/functions
- Respond to processor adjudication and claims process questions throughout the day. Advise processors on the calculation of complicated payment rates, payment of inpatient claims, etc.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to ensure expedited/priority claims are assigned and adjudicated appropriately
- Advise the Manager of any policies and procedures needed to support the unit
- Perform other job related duties as dictated by business needs, as determined by management
- May be required to work mandatory additional hours when business needs dictate
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent is required, a college degree is preferred
- Licensure: Certified Coding Certificate is preferred
- Relevant Work Experience: 1 years of claims processing experience in a health care or managed care environment is required, 2 years of internal claims processing experience is preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, &Abilities:
- Strong computer skills and excellent keyboarding required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to function within a team structure, focus on singular tasks, read and interpret workflow and procedure instruction and sit for long periods
- Strong attention to detail and basic math skills
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
NY - Latham
ID (Req #):
40 hours per week