Quote Team Lead
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
3131 Main StreetLafayette, IN
At least 1 year(s)
Job Description Arconic Engineered Structures (AES) is seeking a Quote Team Lead to facilitate the continuous improvement of the Quote Process, for each "Request for Quote" (RFQ) received from our customers. and to supervise 2 Quote Analysts. This role is also responsible for maintaining various reports and data systems related to the quote process and quote analytics. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through continuous capital investment, operational excellence and career development. The ideal candidate will inspire the team, lead through engaging respectfully with all stakeholders, anticipate challenges, proactively bring solutions, and champion integrity. If this describes you, then we encourage you to apply. This position reports to the Market Staff Manager, and is based in Lafayette, IN.
Arconic Engineered Structures (AES) serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of forgings and extrusions. Our vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise in aluminum and titanium structural casting is taking the industry to new heights. This BU is also home to our suite of direct and hybrid additive offerings. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AES employs 6000 people in 6 countries at 30 locations. AES is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
Strong base salary plus variable compensation bonus structure
Generous Health Benefits beginning day 1; medical, life, dental and vision plans
401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
Retirement contribution (3%)
Competitive annual vacation accrual
10 annual paid holidays
Profile : The Quote Team Leader's main focus is to drive the continuous improvement of the Quote Process, for each "Request for Quote" (RFQ) received from our customers and to supervise the quote team. Additionally, this person will maintain various reports and data systems related to the quote process and quote analytics.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Disciplined Execution - Job requires holding the ISR team accountable through daily execution to the plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure operational success.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a sale/marketing role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'). Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Marketing or Business.
- Experience with extrusion quote process.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience leading and providing direction to team members.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Capable of handling and respecting important and confidential information.
- Strong Customer focus.
- High Energy.
- Exceptional organizational skills.