Infrastructure Engineer Consultant -DB2 Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Health Care Service Corporation
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health . Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 years of Information Technology experience OR 9 years of Information Technology experience.
* Infrastructure Automation
* Operations Management
* ITIL v3
* IT standards, procedures, policies
* Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
* Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
* Oral & written communications
* Problem-solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
* Supplier management
* Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
* Drive cross-functional execution
* Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change
* Teamwork and collaboration
* Organized and detail oriented
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
* Experience with DB2 (or other Database System).
* Integration of cloud hosting environments with Database systems.
* Experience with Automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
* Hands on experience engineering and operating Cloud Foundry (or similar Platform as a Service solution).
* Experience engineering monitoring systems of complex distributed systems using open source technologies.
* Knowledge of working in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
* Comfortable writing code (golang, ruby, python, or any other infra management DSL) to manage infrastructure and distributed systems for provisioning, testing, lifecycle management, and de-provisioning.
* Extensive experience in automating the full lifecycle of infrastructure.
* Familiar with practices of cloud-native application development and deployment.
Location: IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Activation Date: Friday, November 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business systems, business systems analyst, client, customer, information technology consultant, sap, senior consultant