Financial Crimes Consultant 3 - Wholesale Commercial Real Estate
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Will assist in Periodic Reviews of all customers on a scheduled basis. Drive customer documentation remediation efforts in accordance with Wells Fargo / Wholesale Banking standards in such a way to meet key regulatory deliverables
- Daily review of CIP items for customer verification. When needed, escalate requests for further documentation to the Line of Business (LOB) to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Review Customer Due Diligence information for accuracy and investigate discrepancies.
- Must have the ability to dissect complex organizational structures to complete due diligence.
- Analyze potentially unusual activity, which will require the review of historical activity along with customer information.
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides compliance support for projects and initiatives with low to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate BSA/AML risk in business activities.
- Analyze risks on escalated, referred, or alerted negative news. Communicate negative findings to lines of business and supply guidance on course of action.
- Tasks require coordination of information among various operational areas and customer bases using multiple online systems.
- A successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, corporate policies, and Commercial Real Estate business groups.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice, with 2+ years of experience in the foregoing
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- On-boarding KYC customer processing or Financial Crimes Investigations experience strongly preferred
- Experience in risk assessment, reputation and operational risk management or control functions
- Prior success in BSA related project management
- Thorough understanding of CIP/CDD/EDD requirements
- WF AML/Sanctions Credential, ACAMS, CFE or CRCM designation
- Strong analytical, presentation and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas
- Ability to focus on details while constantly keeping the big picture in mind
- Excellent communication and relationship/partnership building skills
- Proven ability in achieving success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and possess a high level of drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to influence and drive for results and process improvement
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Bachelor s degree in business, finance or economics
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: agent, business, commercial, commercial real estate, commercial property, commercial leasing agent, listing, listing consultant, realtor, real estate broker