Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit . Job Summary
Responsible for performing the back office tasks necessary to support all of the Banking products and services.Essential Functions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Application/general ledger balancing and reconciliation.
- Researching and clearing Fed adjustments and other out of balance conditions.
- Researching and clearing customer out of balance issues.
- Working the wire transfer system queues to keep the funds flowing quickly and accurately and in compliance with federal regulations.
- Processing incoming and outgoing ACH files and processing returns and exceptions.
- Processing un- posted transactions and returned deposited items.
- Processing and reconciling 593 payments and positive pay exceptions.
- Other miscellaneous duties assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
Typical Range of Experience
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high-volume environment
- Self-motivated and results- oriented
- High degree of patience and problem management techniques to resolve problems
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi task , prioritize and follow up
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Typically has 4- 6 year s experience in a Financial Institution or Banking operations environment
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Associated topics: banker, banking product, banking service, client, loan, mortgage, personal banker, personal banker i, sale, sell