Specialist, Software Engineering
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Harris
Job Code: SIS20181###-####4
Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Design, development, and integration of application layer software systems
- Responsible for end-to-end application development in a modern web-based environment with a moderate amount of network messaging and hardware control
- Implement both procedural and object-oriented software in C/C++ and Java
- Act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years of software engineering experience OR
- Master s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 2+ years of software engineering experience
- An active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- 4+ years of experience with C++, C#, Java Script and/or web development
- 2+ years of Integrated Program Team (IPT) or team lead experience
- Knowledge of software development processes throughout the entire lifecycle, which includes use case development, requirements analysis, object oriented analysis & design, implementation and software verification
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with C++/Java, and network programming
- Experience in object-oriented design and coding skills desired
- Experience in software engineering life cycle management
- Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (i.e. SVN and ClearCase)
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Experience in Python scripting CodeMettle Translator
- Embedded development and system test experience
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with real-time processing
- Experience with REST architectures
- Experience with Front and Back-End Web development
- Experience in Source Control Systems (SVN, ClearCase, others)
- Understanding of CMMI Level 3 software development processes and documentation
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Associated topics: .net, back end, developer, java, matlab, php, programming, software development engineer, software programmer, sw