Financial Reporting Staff Analyst
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Amerihealth
Your career starts now. We re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at .
Under the oversight and direction of Financial Reporting management, the Financial Reporting Staff Analyst is responsible for preparing the monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial statements and other reports, and supporting the financial reporting process during month end close. Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Preparing and validating financial statements and various management reports
- Supporting the financial reporting process during month end and year end close
- Maintaining Hyperion books and reports
- Preparing audited annual financial statements and related disclosures (GAAP, OCBOA, pension and 401(k) plan).
- Participating in monitoring and reporting on new issued FASB guidance and exposure drafts
- Identifying process inefficiencies, recommending efficient process alternatives, and facilitating implementation of such process improvements
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- One or more years of progressive accounting experience preferred
- Solid understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the application thereof
- Exposure to the preparation of financial statements
- Exposure to the preparation of annual audited financial statements and related disclosures preferred
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion or similar ERP system preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint