Infrastructure Engineer Consultant - SQL Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Health Care Service Corporation
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 years of Information Technology experience OR 9 years of Information Technology experience.
* Infrastructure Automation
* Operations Management
* ITIL v3
* IT standards, procedures, policies
* Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
* Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
* Oral & written communications
* Problem-solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
* Supplier management
* Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
* Drive cross-functional execution
* Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change
* Teamwork and collaboration
* Organized and detail oriented
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
* Experience with SQL Server.
* Experience with SQL Server Always On system.
* Experience with DB2, Oracle, Teradata, or other Database systems a plus.
* Integration of cloud hosting environments with Database systems.
* Experience with Automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
* Hands on experience engineering and operating Cloud Foundry (or similar Platform as a Service solution).
* Experience engineering monitoring systems of complex distributed systems using open source technologies.
* Knowledge of working in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
* Comfortable writing code (golang, ruby, python, or any other infra management DSL) to manage infrastructure and distributed systems for provisioning, testing, lifecycle management, and de-provisioning.
* Extensive experience in automating the full lifecycle of infrastructure.
* Familiar with practices of cloud-native application development and deployment.
Location: IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Activation Date: Friday, November 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business intelligence, business systems analyst, crm, market, sales, senior consultant, support analyst