Ballistic Missile Defense Weapon/Missile Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Parsons
MDA/AX has the requirement for contractor support with systems engineering activities to develop the Missile Defense Agency's Sea-Based Terminal System. The selected candidate should have demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas : (1) systems engineering; (2) radars ; (3) missiles ; (4) targets , (5) command & control ; (6) modeling and simulation ; (7) sy s tems architecture .
- Insuring that systems engineering development is fully integrated with the overall Ballistic Missile Defense System.
- Assisting in the identification and resolution of complex problems associated with the system's development, production, and our operation
- Researching and support implementing processes that assure all data requirements are determined using rigorous and valid concepts .
- Developing mathematical models, processes, techniques and procedures for the creation of new or substantially improved methods or products .
- Analyzing operational/user requirements and performing functional analysis, component/element/system synthesis , verification and validation activities
- Researching and analyzing cost reduction trades against cuts in performance , quality, reliability , maintainability , and/or safety.
- Assessing technical, acquisition and operational issues related to technical performance requirements , system engineering, financial management , and performance trades.
- Assessing if near-term and long-term program requirements can be achieved within established acquisition program baseline
Engineering Degree from an accredited University
8-11 Years of experience working in a technical position, preferably associated with Missile Defense
Must have and maintain a Top-Secret Security Clearance.
TDY travel will be required (2 - 4 days a month, on average)
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of scientific and engineering concepts, theories, and standards, in one or more of the following specialty areas: ((1) systems engineering; (2) radars; (3) missiles; (4) targets, (5) command & control; (6) modeling and simulation; (7) systems architecture.
Knowledge of defense acquisition programs and acquisition policies
Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic program office environment
Demonstrated ability to execute system engineering methods associated with the development of a complex weapon system
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, technician