Senior Vice President - Leadership Development
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Moody's
Working collaboratively with the MD, Global Talent Management, HR leaders and business leaders, this individual will formulate the roadmap for leadership criteria, learning, development, and talent management to enable Moody's to achieve above market growth. This new position will report into the MD, Global Talent Management and will have a team of 2 direct reports.
- Architect the vision and framework for Moody's leadership development and talent management agenda and gain support of Moody's senior leadership. Drive an end-to-end process for talent management broadly defined with a continuous focus on diverse business strategies and organizational objectives.
- Provide strategic and operational direction for talent management and leadership development initiatives on a global basis, including leading our talent reviews, succession planning, leadership learning and development programs, talent pipeline.
- Build, develop and lead a staff of 2 professionals who will contribute to strategic insight and ensure execution and reinforcement of all programs and processes.
- Partner with business presidents, functional leaders and HR leaders to enhance and build a talent bench; reinforce key programs which have already been designed while continuing to improve and enhance these programs to support ongoing business initiatives.
- Audit current leadership development programs and talent management processes and determine areas for improvement and gaps in the offerings and processes. Provide clear direction on leadership learning and curriculum development which aligns with Moody's leadership philosophy and principles
- Develop and implement programs and mechanisms that enable coaching, assessment, onboarding; and foster career development company wide
- Benchmark Fortune company leadership approaches and actively apply best practices; continue to drive Moody's to be a top company for leadership and talent development globally
- Build a development culture:
- Gain agreement from senior leadership team on goals and expectations of leaders for developing their teams; incorporate these expectations into performance and development tools
- Gain agreement from senior leadership team on any potential changes to the leadership principles or values (e.g., leaders developing leaders, diversity, accountability); re-launch principles with a communication plan to drive visibility and familiarity and consistency of messaging
The Talent & Organizational Development (T&OD) team designs and delivers solutions that support the professional development of Moody's employees across all entities and regions.
Advanced Degree preferred
Experience and Leadership Traits:
- Led leadership development and talent management in a progressive, "high-bar for talent" environment.
- Known for innovative thinking, strong domain expert, thought leader as well as a very practical operator adept at driving execution of programs and processes
- Success driving large scale change
- Have the experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect among business leaders and HR leaders; experience dealing with senior leadership teams in large organizations whereby influencing without authority is a key attribute of successful performance
- Reputation for working exceptionally well in partnership with company leaders and human resource colleagues for driving positive change
- Experience developing customized approaches that leverage and complement the business culture
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a hands-on, collaborative manner
- Demonstrates superior influence skills; is able to communicate effectively and confidently with all levels of the organizations
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change
- Results oriented
- Visionary skills, intellectual capabilities, integrated thinking and exceptional leadership traits required to take the organization to the next level
- Strong measurement bias and the ability to translate talent management activities into measurable outcomes
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Senior Vice President - Leadership Development