Clinical Dietitian I, Per Diem
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Provides medical nutrition therapy and education services to hospitalized patients of all ages and disease states.
Position Expectations and responsibilities:
* Have thorough knowledge of food composition and medical nutrition therapy for a variety of disease states.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret the medical record, common scientific and technical journals, etc.
* Maintain current knowledge of enteral nutrition products.
* Identify patients in need of nutrition intervention.
* Assess nutritional status; develops and follows through with a specific plan of care.
* Make appropriate recommendations to promote optimum nutritional status of patients.
* Enter accurate and appropriate information in the medical record according to nutrition care standards; writes orders in the medical record within the dietitian's scope of practice.
* Provide diet counseling to patients and their families; provide written information as appropriate.
* Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
* Recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
* Respond to inquiries or complaints from patients, families, medical staff, employees, regulatory agencies, etc. both verbally and in writing.
* Consult with members of the health care team such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists, speech pathologists.
* Enter accurate and appropriate information in the medical record according to nutrition care standards, and write orders in the medical record within the dietitian's scope of practice.
* Provide diet counseling to patients and their families, and provide written information as appropriate.
* Provide direction to the diet office or trayline staff in the absence of their supervisor in the performance of their clinical duties.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in dietetics/nutrition AND Previous clinical experience in a health care setting is preferred
* Registered Dietitian (RD) by the American Dietetic Association,
* Maintains registration by complying with continuing education requirements (RD Eligible may be accepted but registration must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
* Florida license preferred (must be obtained within one year of hire)
* Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
* The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
* In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at .