Crisis Intervention/Prevention Specialist (CIPS)
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Bellefaire JCB
Bellefaire JCB is looking for full time Crisis Intervention/Prevention Specialist (CIPS), as part of residential-based services, is a member of the Behavioral Health Crisis Response Team.
The primary responsibilities are to provide immediate crisis service to include triage and support services to residential teams. The CIPS works to create a youth/family/staff friendly presence within the residential program that is founded on cooperative relationships and direct communication. The CIPS is able to provide the full continuum of care; specific areas of focus are prevention strategies, de-escalation, and immediate crisis response.
- Provide intervention and de-escalation for children throughout residential program (on-site).
- Utilize Therapeutic Crisis Model of Intervention, including use of physical restraint as necessary, to protect clients from risk of harm to themselves and/or others.
- Follow agency protocols on responding to and handling emergencies such as injury, runaway, and acting out situations.
- Follow treatment guidelines in developing and fostering acceptable alternatives to maladaptive, negative, and/or destructive behavior.
- Teach and role model pro-social, mediation, and self-management skills.
- Development of trusting, positive relationships between clients and staff in the facility.
- Initiate and facilitate all necessary communication with members of the team.
- Maintains accurate and timely records in accordance with funder and agency requirements.
Minimum of High School Diploma. Bachelor degree preferred. Experience working with children, adolescents and their families. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record that meets the underwriting criteria of the Agency's insurance company.
At Bellefaire, we value our employees and the work they accomplish on behalf of our mission and offer competitive benefits such as:
- A competitive salary
- Generous vacation, holiday, sick, and personal day policies
- Medical, vision and dental insurance (Domestic Partner Benefits)
- Health and Wellness Program
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
Other perks of working with us include:
- A friendly and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- A beautiful campus
- Career growth/numerous free CEU opportunities
- Staff recognition program
- A caring environment to work in!
For excellence...for wellness...for children...