Network Systems Architect
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
The Network Systems Architect, is responsible for planning, designing, provisioning, and configuring network equipment to meet business needs and requests. It is essential for the Systems Architect, Network to demonstrate good analytical and communication skills, develop project plans, and successfully work with a team to execute project plans to completion. Candidates should be able to adapt to rapidly changing environments and technology. The Systems Architect, Network will also fulfil an administration role when appropriate. Company will only consider candidates with a GC-EAD or a Green Card or U. S. Citizenship.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual will be accountable for the following systems:
- LAN and WAN infrastructure (Cisco)
- Monitoring and troubleshooting all office connectivity
- Remote VPN access (Cisco)
- Cisco Unified Compute platforms
- Firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems (Cisco)
- Data center switching environments
- Data center facilities management, including generator, HVAC, UPS, and environmental monitoring
- Large remote office switch management
- Coordination of large center relocations
- Infrastructure wiring and cube electric at HQ
- Badge access reader connectivity where required
- Security camera connectivity (and maintenance where required)
- Scheduled device backups
- Guest wireless access
- Video conferencing support
- Developing project plans and coordinating with teams to execute solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Install new Routers and Switches in accordance with industry standards and project/operational requirements.
- Weekly rotated 24/7 On-Call duty with other team members.
- Occasional travel required
- 1001 ASR, 7206 VXR, 3845, 2911, 2911, 1921,1841, 881, 891,831, 4331
- 3548, 3560, 2960, 3750, 4948, 6506, 6509, 7010, SG300, SG 350, 6880, Nexus 9k
Cisco Firewalls, Wireless, Firepower, ISE, VPN, DMVPN
Education and Experience
6-10 years systems administration, engineering, or architect experience.
- Bachelor (4 year) degree preferred not required.
- CCNA (Required)
- CCNP (Required)
- CCIE (Preferred)