Vice President - Academic Affairs
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Beaufort County Community College
President. This position plans, oversees, organizes, and directs
the activities of all instructional programs, including transfer
and career and technical degrees, diplomas, and certificates and
general education coursework offered in support of these programs.
The position oversees the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and
the college Library and provides essential staff assistance to the
College President and Board of Trustees on issues related to areas
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of
1. Develop, plan, implement, and administer academic and
administrative goals and objectives as well as policies and
procedures necessary to provide assigned services and functions to
College departments, programs, and services; recommend and approve
new or modified systems, policies and procedures.
2. Provide strong leadership in academic program development and
academic program evaluation.
3. Oversee the activities and operations of all academic related
programs to ensure that the Division's operations support the goals
and objectives of the College and the needs of the student
4. Oversee the instructional component of the college's
comprehensive student success agenda.
5. Analyze data and make data-driven decisions regarding the
continuous improvement of the college's academic programming
6. Maintain awareness of current developments and trends in
management, higher education, and fields related to assigned
7. Maintain an effective, collaborative, and collegial work
environment through team building and positive reinforcement
techniques at all levels of supervision, planning, and
8. Oversee the College's accreditation and licensure processes for
required programs, budget requests, and periodic reports; research
and prepare detailed reports on a variety of College management
9. Participate in the review and approval of specifications for new
buildings, renovations, and leased property and temporary
facilities for assigned College programs and activities.
10. Direct the curriculum, library, and institutional effectiveness
review processes; review and approve new programs and services;
make changes in existing programs and services; determine and
relate resource allocations.
11. Select, train, motivate, and evaluate academic, library, and
institutional effectiveness personnel and staff; establish and
monitor annual employee performance objectives/goals; prepare and
present employee performance reviews; provide or coordinate staff
training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement
12. Direct the development and administration of the budget for
assigned functions; direct the forecast of additional funds needed
for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and
13. Serve as liaison to public and private K-12 schools, home
school groups, and institutions of higher learning regarding
facilities, academic programs, cooperative projects, and other
matters of mutual concern, especially with respect to dual
14. Supervise enrollment reporting and accountability functions;
evaluate productivity reports and prepare recommendations as
15. Direct and oversee the strategic planning function within
Academic Affairs; ensure conformity of programs and activities with
the college's strategic plan.
16. Represent the College at community, state, and national
meetings and functions.
17. Perform internal audits to maintain compliance with the North
Carolina Community College System program/FTE audits.
18. Counsel and advise students, faculty, and staff on a variety of
academic and administrative matters.
19. Effectively market College programs and to students,
businesses, and other potential partners.
20. Serve as a contributing member of Senior Staff to solve
problems, address challenges, and position the College to take
advantage of opportunities.
21. Comply with the college's policies and procedures.
22. Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the
College President. Category: Education , Keywords: Vice President of Academics