Senior Microsoft Server Analyst
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Software Guidance & Assistance
- Installs, configures, and maintains application equipment and support application infrastructure environment.
- Determine application needs and incorporate them into the design and overall plan for application support.
- Organizes and coordinates the activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade of software and hardware relating to application environment.
- Responsible for acting on existing Level 2 (L2) and Level 3 (L3) trouble tickets established in the tracking system.
- Receive complex tickets that Level 1 (L1) help desk support and technical support analyst cannot resolve.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems proactively establishing root cause and mitigation recommendations to prevent further issues.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure timely resolution.
- Responsible for customer service and end-user training.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concept, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a team lead or supervisor/manager
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Applied knowledge in the following areas with 2+ years of experience:
- Operating systems/APIs - Windows
- System Center Products (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM, SMS, SCO)
- Microsoft Exchange, Lync, Share Point
- Security (eg Authentication/Authorization, Encryption, Data Safeguarding)
- Distributed Database (DB2/UDB, SQLserver, Oracle)
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper V)
- Citrix Solutions & Citrix administration(Xenapp 4.5/6)
- Networking (eg DNS, DHCP, QIP)
- Server installation, configuration, build & deploy
- Application release management support
- FTP drop box, file server, audit request & remediation management
- Support storage and data management environment
- Support patch management processes
- Performance Skills/Competencies:
- Solid planning and organizing skills with attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- required to work well within a team and individually self-motivated
- strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Certification or equivalent (MSCE, MSTS, MSITP, etc.)