Accounts Payable Administrator - Newton Highlands
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Henley Enterprises, Inc
Henley Enterprises, Inc. (and our associated entities) is a privately-owned Franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) currently operating over 170 VIOC locations in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida and California. The Company has grown rapidly and is projecting continued growth moving forward. This position works from the Newton Corporate Office and reports to the Senior Accountant.
The Accounts Payable Administrator will primarily be responsible for making a majority of payments on behalf of the company. This includes matching, posting, and filing invoices and the generation of checks. The Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for obtaining and reviewing vendor statements to ensure that all invoices have been received and paid in a timely matter and that all costs have been recorded accurately. The role will also assist in the daily operations of the finance department including compiling and posting monthly journal entries, processing financial data in the accounting systems, generating financial reports including monthly P&L reports, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and assisting in the month-end closing process. The Accounts Payable Administrator will work closely with all members of the department towards continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurate and timely administration of accounts payable process-including processing of vendor invoices, payment requests, ensure proper coding and approval prior to payment.
- Preparing check runs and reconciling open payables.
- Answering vendor and internal inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monthly close process, accurately posting monthly accruals and other journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in generating monthly profit and loss statements and other financial analysis and reports.
- Assist with year-end audit work as necessary.
- Assisting other finance members in the daily operations and special projects as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Multi- unit/retail experience a plus
- High attention to detail and the ability to meet accounting deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Ethical conduct
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
Educations and Experience
- Associate Degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience in bookkeeping or Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred
- 1-3 years of accounting or finance experience, accounts payable and monthly closing preferred
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 20 pounds.
- 5% travel is expected for this position.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.