Experienced Lab Supervisor
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Bayfront Health St. Petersburg
- Under the general direction of the Laboratory Administrative Director, plans, coordinates and maintains independently all activities, team members and equipment within one department of the laboratory.
- This individual will assure regulatory conformance and establish all goals, policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
- Supervises Medical Technologists.
- Monday-Friday, Days
- Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or related field required
- Master's preferred
- State licensure as a laboratory supervisor in areas of responsibility required
- ASCP or other national certification preferred
- Five years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to assist with difficult phlebotomies.
- Must be familiar with POC Testing and be available as a back up.
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong computer skills.
- In-depth knowledge of area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of financial and human resource issues.
- Ability to teach, train and provide in-servicing.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication.
As part of Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the next evolution in our patient care. Imagine having an active role using your skills to help shape the future of this new ER. Your skills and talent will be rewarded with a great compensation and comprehensive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Holiday & Vacation Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! In addition, Bayfront Health offers the ability for personal and professional growth with one of the area's most respected and trusted healthcare provider.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years
- clinical laboratory: 5 years
- POC testing: 2 years
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Medical Technologist