Recruiting Supervisor (PL Midwest and Western US)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Penske
The Recruiting Supervisor position will lead a small decentralized team of recruiters and recruiting assistants in an assigned geography by providing guidance and expertise around PL staffing process and technologies.
From a people perspective, this role will have direct coaching and supervision responsibilities over the recruiting team, including the delegation of work, prioritization, and new initiatives. In order to ensure strong internal customer satisfaction, strong communication and collaboration are necessary to ensure alignment between human resources and operations. This position will have regular interaction with Area Vice Presidents, Area HR Managers, and Field HR Directors to assure internals customer needs and organizational staffing needs are met successfully.
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 3 years of recruiting experience in a large, high-volume, multi-site employer. Preferred candidates will have 2 years of experience in managing direct reports, recruiting operations, and project management. The ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is essential to success in this role.
This position will support the Midwest North, Midwest South, and Pacwest Region and will be based in Bedford, TX.
- Manage daily interaction with all recruiters including: distribution of requisitions, balancing of recruiter workload, assisting with prioritization and productivity, assist with issue resolution and promote behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction
- Ensures strong collaboration between operations (AVP, Area and District Staffs) and Human Resources (HRD, HRM, Recruiters, and Recruiting Assistants) on staffing strategies, prioritization, and initiatives. This includes ensuring each area has defined staffing strategies and regular communication to ensure alignment.
- Serve as a Penske staffing process and Taleo recruiting technology subject matter expert, including: having a full understanding of common functionality of applicants, hiring managers, and recruiters.
- Coach and develop recruiters and recruiting assistants. Assure recruiters are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback.
- Assume ownership and oversight of any external critical role and operational staff recruiting. This will involve heavy collaboration with recruiters and HR Managers and Representatives, as well as upward reporting to HR Directors on progress.
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance, and overall direct report engagement.
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Recruiting Manager and/or HR Director such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short-term projects, etc.
Bank of America
South Oxford Management