Director, Food Safety & Product Quality Assurance
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Director, Food Safety & Product Quality Assurance for the Product Quality Assurance team. The Director will be the content expert to lead, develop and continue the safety and environmental culture. Position is virtual _ with travel to various sites as needed_. Ideal candidate MUST have access to a major airport_.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Leader in Food Safety Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Point person for QAFS discipline and develop and implement quality assurance program that complies with all stakeholder expectations (i.e. supply management, client, operations, regulatory, etc.). Provide and oversee tracking system on the trends of product quality assurance issues and determine corrective action protocol with supply management. Process includes redundant courtesy product recall/ withdrawal alerts in collaboration with company approved suppliers/ distributors. Develop, implement and maintain a continuous improvement process for the whole food safety management system.
- Identifies new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and cost-savings. Collaborate with Health & Safety Systems & Tools to validate value to operators.
- Coordinates Food Complaint Reporting (FCR) and administrative activities with food safety field support, Risk Management and G/L claims Company data management group. Also, participate on company's Crisis Management Team.
- Coordinate alleged foreign materials identification and chain of custody with Product Quality Assurance staff and suppliers, as needed. Oversee external laboratory testing request and results from the department and operations.
- Participates in the procurement process, including defining product quality technical parameters, developing specification limits, conducting product analysis to assure conformance, analyzing trends on deficiencies, and establishing supplier third party auditing protocols.
Ideally, the selected candidate would possess the following:
- HSE Certifications, ISO2200 strongly preferred
- Strong leadership and development skills
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health & Safety or similar field is preferred
- Experience in Food Safety procurement, Supply Management and Process Distribution is desired
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Responsible for the Health & Safety Product Quality Assurance, leading the quality assurance of food commodity products and participating in the procurement process to define product quality standards, developing & monitoring specification limits, conducting product analysis to assure conformance, analyzing trends on product deficiencies and establishing vendor auditing protocols. Health & Safety includes all safety disciplines, such as environment, health and safety, food safety, and product quality assurance. Works closely with other departments and SDX vendor's technical support departments to develop new or improvements to current products/processes improvements. Establishes strong working relationships with all vendors to assure proper communication strategies are in place for market withdrawal programs (product recall or alerts).