General Manager 4 - Food
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Sodexo
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve.
Sodexo is currently seeking an experienced General Manager in food services to join our team at Glendive Medical Center, an award winning full-service 25 bed acute care hospital with 24-hour emergency care, full medical and surgical services and an extended care facility. GMC also operates Eastern Montana Veterans home, a long-term care facility. In this highly visible role, you will direct and participate in all the daily food operations for patient feeding. Responsibilities will include: overseeing overall food and service operations, working with unit financials, some HR functions, direct customer interaction, management 3 Food Service Managers, 2 Dieticians and hourly staff. This position will be responsible to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through exceptional food and service. Relocation Assistance offered!
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Manages all food contract operations including patient feeding, cafeteria/retail and catering services.
- Integrates fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Works to achieve high quality resident and client satisfaction scores.
- Responsible for all Sodexo and client required reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with the client on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
The ideal candidate has:
- a culinary background with Senior Living community food service experience;
- excellent hospitality, leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies; and
- strong management skills.
- CDM or ability to start CDM within 6 months of hire
- 3-7 years of lead food service management/Chef experience
- Computer literacy
- A strong working knowledge of food safety and sanitation guidelines
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo's unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
- page and consider signing up
- At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
#LI #RD #CDM
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Staff Physician Recruiter