Food Production Manager 2
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Sodexo
Are you a food production guru looking for a change from the ordinary?
We're proud to be the number one food and facilities service provider to the United States Government and its agencies at locations around the world. Through our understanding of each agency and military branch's culture and environment, we provide all staff, employees, and tenants with a better Quality of Life.
Sodexo Government Services, is seeking a talented Food Production Manager 2 for its Quantico, Virginia location to lead the food production operation at a United States Marine Corps base. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this manager will have oversight of 50 employees and will have full responsibility to lead, implement and drive all cost controls related to food production including inventory, ordering, adherence to standardized recipes and controlling and minimizing food waste.
The Food Production Manager position is responsible for:
- Supervising, coordinating and participating in the activities of cooks.
- Delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Utilizing resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations of food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices and procurement operations.
What's in it for you?
While this is a high-pressure, fast-paced, intense environment, there is a clear career path for a successful candidate to rise into a higher position in this location or other Sodexo accounts. The opportunities are endless!
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Orchestrate all food production management oversight at Mess Hall 2000 within the base where we produce and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Oversight of all inventory, ordering (including par level oversight), production records, adherence to standardized recipes and waste logs.
- Daily responsibility of all food service services areas to include adherence to all food safety/HACCP guidelines, labeling/dating, temperature logs and staff safety training.
- Planning, scheduling, staffing, training and motivating as needed to ensure stellar guest service and engagement is provided.
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience, success and proficiency in the following areas:
- Ability to implement strict cost controls for food and supplies and ensure budget targets are consistently met.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Passion and energy to motivate employees to provide the best possible guest service.
- Computer literacy including usage of Sodexo's proprietary FMS (Food Management System) or another comparable food production software program, along with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel).
For more information on Sodexo Government Services click here !
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards