Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo has an immediate opening for an Accountant in the Balance Sheet department at our Financial Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
The Accountant position will have the following key functions:
- Ensure Sodexo North America General Ledger and Financial Statements are in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / GAAP and industry accounting and reporting requirements
- Analyze and reconcile various balance sheet accounts and develop sound methodology / schedules used for analysis / reconciliation / reporting
- Support Intercompany Accounting function
- Perform / Support various financial close activities
- Responsible for conducting and documenting various financial analysis for various business decisions and accounting related activities
- Support Quarterly Financial Management reporting which includes Year over Year and YTD Executive Summary Balance Sheet with explanations for > $1M fluctuations, Qtrly Balance Sheet General Ledger Account variance explanations based on set thresholds for USA and Canada.
- Support Accounting Integrations
- Support / Assist with various External Audit engagements. Also includes Internal Audits by Group (Parent co).
- Responsible for high interaction / communication with all levels of the organization
- Assist in various departmental or company wide projects
- Support Balance Sheet overview -Deep Dive review
- Mastery level competencies
- Technical accounting knowledge.
- Reviewer role of account reconciliations / train other tasks
Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Performs routine assignments. Has conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline typically acquired through a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.