Administrative Assistant 2
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Sodexo
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. We have an exciting career opportunity for an Administrative Assistant 2 to join our team at Howard University Hospital in the Nations Capital, Washington, DC.
Reporting to the General Manager, our Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Food and Nutrition department. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative support to the onsite management team
- Process vendor invoices
- Assisting the GM with weekly and monthly financial clos_ing procedures
- Entering weekly sales data and inventory in _our Sodexo System
- Capable of working under general direction - sometimes under stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Answering questions and inquiries from customers via the telephone, Internet, email and other technologies.
- Fielding and directing department phone calls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use PC data analysis and communication tools
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Demonstrating listening and questioning skills to uncover all aspects of problems
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant include advanced Excel experience, strong organizational skills to maintain department documents accurately and efficiently.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo's unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Connect with this recruiter on _LinkedIn_ or _Twitter
Performs a wide range of administrative and general support duties. Frequently communicates with senior-level internal and external contacts and is regularly exposed to confidential data. Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision. Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with other teams.
This position resides in-unit or above-unit.