Executive Chef 2
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo Campus Dining has an opening for an Executive Chef 2 at Lincoln University located in Jefferson City, MO. Founded in 1866, Lincoln University is a HBCU with a student enrollment of approximately 3800. Food operations include an All-You-Care-To-Eat board operation, retail including Starbuck's Proudly Brewed and Simply-To-Go as well as catering.
**Relocation Assistance is available!!**
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Executive Chef candidate will possess the following:
- Culinary management experience within a large volume, quality-focused setting, preferably within a college or university environment.
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food.
- Understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor.
- Ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees.
- Passion for food and innovation.
- Knowledge of Sodexo systems (FMS) preferred.
- Culinary degree (preferred).
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.