Products Materials Manager
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
Lead the development, implementation, alignment of materials planning, and inventory management activities for assigned business segments working closely with Operations, Supply Chain and Businesses to optimize inventory across the supply chain consistent with customer service.
- Manage a team of master production schedulers and finished goods planners and / or master production schedulers. Additionally this role will provide leadership to the materials planning teams in assigned manufacturing facilities.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent. Staff and develop a high-performing and motivated team responsible for interfacing with the business, the plants and the regions. Provide mentoring and development of direct/indirect reports in the department to build functional and leadership capabilities.
- Responsibility for assigned business segments service and inventory performance and be responsible for Sales and Operations Planning, supply planning and /or master production scheduling, inventory planning, rough cut capacity planning for assigned factories and supply chain excellence.
- Point of contact for BU leaders within assigned business segments to support inventory requirements. Through a thorough understanding of business and markets, he/she will identify opportunities and execute plans to improve inventory performance while ensuring consistent customer service levels.
- KPI's for this position will include regional gross inventory days, manufacturing facility inventory days, service levels (blended compliance), Total Order Cycle Time, consumption management, ability to provide a consistent RCCP, supply chain health, and inventory quality in terms of excess and obsolete stock in NA region.
- Development of S&OP planning strategies for assigned business groups. Work through demand managers to collaborate with business leaders in order to assess operational requirements and develop materials planning strategies to achieve the overall business goals.
- Accountability for ensuring master production schedulers develop and maintain master schedule / rough cut capacity plan that is derived from the S&OP output and is structured into weekly capacity-constrained buckets for each assigned work cell. This will involve developing strong relationships with Plant Managers, Production and Inventory Control Managers and Regional Material Managers to understand BU relationships and product strategy objectives to ensure integration into assigned manufacturing facility strategies and supply plans.
- Through finished goods planner and / or master production scheduler and supply planner collaboration, ensures replenishment requests by to the regions are is consistent with the current and future demand forecasts and with the recommended safety stock and lot size quantity levels.
- Drives strategic projects. Lead large scale analysis and provide interpretation with actionable recommendations.
- Lead the development, implementation, and alignment of materials planning, inventory management activities working closely with Operations, Logistics and Businesses to optimize inventory across the supply chain consistent with customer service.
- Monitor financial metrics. With finance, develop inventory plans in support of the annual operation plan. Manage excess and obsolete, end of life inventory levels and make recommendations to business groups.
- Assist and provide guidance on the analysis and analytical tools for manufacturing plants in order to execute schedules and minimize inventory. Drive standard solutions across assigned plants to facilitate teaming and problem solving across PIC departments.
- Cross functional Collaboration. Collaborate with senior functional leaders to establish both short and long term business objectives.
- Implement world-class systems of inventory and materials planning management.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree
- BS or BA in Operations or Supply Chain required. MBA desirable. APICS certification preferred
- 30% (Domestic & International). This position requires limited travel to other Rockwell Automation locations to support assigned business unit segment.
- Strong team leader/contributor, comfortable in leading cross functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Fosters teamwork by building effective teams committed to organizational goals; fosters collaboration among team members and between various teams.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
- Possess well-rounded knowledge in supply chain, materials planning and logistics.
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organization
- Proficient in dealing with language and cultural barriers
- Capable of capturing and transforming an idea/concept into business opportunity and deliver positive results to include piloting innovations through the development of systems and processes.
- At least 10 years' experience with 8 years as a people manager within a Production & Inventory Control environment required and a demonstrated ability to implement, lead and execute process improvements around the APICS body of knowledge.
- 3-4 years' experience in broader areas of supply chain like logistics (specifically warehousing and material handling), procurement, demand planning, and industrialization will be an added plus.
- Experience in dealing with information system reporting tools (such as MS Excel, Minitab, etc.) with the proven capability to use statistical analysis in decision making.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is essential, preferably SAP. This must include planning (MPS as well as PCA level), inventory control, bill of material infrastructures, and item master.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma CPI techniques.
- Logistics/Inventory Management Certification preferred (APICS certification is highly desired)
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.