Regional Sales Manager - Channel
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the Regional Channel team. Responsible to guide and develop the Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork in order to maximize growth and delivering the regional revenue quota. Accountable to develop and execute a Regional plan in conjunction with our channel partners and the EU/OEM teams. Contributes to, is aligned with, and drives execution of the NA Channel director's priorities relative to channel strategy and policy.
- Leads Regional Channel team and is accountable for achievement of regional revenue quota within the assigned geography.
- Responsible for ensuring effective collaboration across segmented sales, delivery, and the RA PartnerNetwork.
- Engages strategically and proactively with Distributors to achieve performance, ensure disciplined sales processes are in place, to seize market making business opportunities and support removal of associated execution obstacles.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of both RA and PartnerNetwork capabilities -RA Sales and delivery, Channel, SP's/SI's and Alliance Partners - to better serve customers and drive mutual success.
- Ensure execution of a disciplined process for focus account selection which includes key stakeholders - Distributors, segmented sales Leaders, Industry, and OEM teams.
- Acts as an escalation point to resolve current business issues as well as customer & partner satisfaction issues.
- Ensures we have the right competency and domain expertise resource deployment to efficiently maximize growth across the region - Channel, EU, OEM, Partners.
- Grows the business with a disciplined sales and planning process and ensures execution of territory sales plans.
- Recruit, retain, and develop the best talent for the region. Develop and execute workforce plans for each territory including: critical role identification, succession planning and employee development plans.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor degree in engineering or business or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of time
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 12 or more years of experience with automation.
- Previous experience managing geographically dispersed teams.
- Previous experience establishing and developing partner relationships.
- Requires strong understanding of limited distribution go-to-market model
Global Sales & Marketing
No. of Positions:
Charlotte - North Carolina, Dallas - Texas, Nashville - Tennessee
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
American City Business Journals