Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Job TitleDistrict Controller
Requisition Primary LocationElk Grove Village, Illinois
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Providing variance analysis monthly of actual results vs. budget and forecast
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of detailed annual financial budgets
- Completion of monthly financial projection and analysis
- Rate analysis and review
- Completion of financial proformas for contracts and capital justification
- Managing accounting staff that performs AP, AR, Payroll and Collections functions
- Evaluating, assessing and strengthening internal controls
- Partnering with local management and providing cost reduction recommendations
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance and accounting procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Providing leadership and support to employees and coworkers consistent with our company values
- Partnering and being a business leader with the District Manager, Division Vice President and other leaders
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3 years minimum in the Waste Industry
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Must have 7-10 years of experience as a controller
- MUST be willing to relocate within 18-24 months
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are a Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)