Community Health Worker - Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by UnitedHealth Group
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum -a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Visit shelters, public housing/project homes, and member homes to locate members
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct additional assessments to capture member's current health care needs
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must have resided within the local community for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Field based experience
- Must live within Hamilton County, TN
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time within the local territory, 30-mile radius from home location
- Must be able to work 8am-5pm Monday-Friday EST
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Social Work and / or Health Care Administration
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- CHW Accreditation
- Behavioral health experience
- Tech savvy, ability to use technology provided in the field
- Ability to communicate effectively
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.