Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Job TitleChassis Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationPortland, Oregon
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
Northwest Container, a Waste Connections Company, is currently looking for a full time chassis mechanic to work out in our Rail Yard in Portland, OR.
The shift will be M-F, 7 AM - 3:30 PM
- Perform repairs and required maintenance on all steamship line container chassis to meet FHWA/FMCSA standards.
- Typical repairs include; routine maintenance, repairing chassis components, airlines, brake systems, suspensions, wheels, tires, and electrical systems, welding, painting, and fabricating.
- Responds to service calls
- Minor and major repairs on steel dry and insulated cargo containers
The ideal candidate will posses:
- 1 + years experience in chassis or trailer repair
- Must meet DOT qualifications to complete FHWA/FMCSA inspections
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)