Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Requisition Primary LocationPortland, Oregon
Arrow Sanitary has an immediate opening for an Experienced Truck Mechanic to work on our fleet in Portland, Oregon near Airport way . Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. Valid Class A or B CDL preferred or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment. Must have own tools. Overtime opportunities. All of our Mechanics are required to be On-Call one weekend a month (Rotating).
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on vehicles.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience, that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred , or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus !
What we offer to you:
- Safety Bonus of up to $1,000 a year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances of up to $300.00 a year
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit Apply Online at Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)