Customer Service Representative
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Job TitleCustomer Service Representative
Requisition Primary LocationFort Ann, New York
We are looking for an experienced CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVEfor our Fort Ann, NYlocation. The CustomerServiceRepresentative (CSR) fields calls from Customers and works to resolve problems they raise concerning serviceor billing. A successful CSR must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customerissues. CustomerServiceRepresentatives must show empathy or sensitivity to the customerregarding the issue at hand.
- Works in conjunction with other departments to resolve customerdisputes.
- Demonstrates the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Effectively communicates issues, needs and opportunities with customer serviceemployees and other managers.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Solicits sales of new or additional services.
- Addresses complaints concerning billing or services rendered and complaints of servicefailures to designated departments for investigation.
- Communicates with customers in a manner that promotes goodwill.
- Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine servicerequirements, resolve problems or complaints, and seeks cost-effective, safe environmentally sound solutions to serviceissues.
- Promotes Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assures efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices
- Processes payments from customers and researches customerinquiries regarding their invoice.
- Updates customeraccount information for routing and billing purposes.
RequirementsIdeal candidate will possess:
- 2 years of Customer Serviceexperience in a high call volume atmosphere
- Degree from a 4 year college or university (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Waste Connections US
Waste Connections US, Inc