Trading Operations Change The Bank Manager - Institutional Securities
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Morgan Stanley USA
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
FX Trading Operations - Regional Projects/CTB Lead Americas
- Lead a dynamic regional team building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment
- Part of a global FX change team, which also has presence in London, Mumbai, and Glasgow
- Drive for solutions that solve for maximum Business and FX Trading Operations value and track that benefits are realized, continually staying informed about key FX business, industry, and technology developments.? Coauthor technology and platform strategies and multiyear development roadmaps and help translate these into clearly articulated project portfolios
- Manage regional project demand including collecting organizing and vetting requests with the FX trading operations stakeholders and IT partners.
- Required to analyze business booking models, front-to-back process flows, and their impact on technology flows
- Write users stories in an iterative fashion, liaising with the developers, product owners and other business analysts within the scrum team
- Required to translate regulatory requirements into functional technical requirements
- Collaborate extensively with senior Business, Operations, Finance, Treasury, and Technology partners and manage stakeholder engagement, accountability, and expectations.
- Deep experience in Derivatives, with trade life cycle and trade flow knowledge - FX Middle Office experience including direct support of traders strongly preferred.
- Self-starter, and have experience working in an agile environment coupled with excellent, development, communication, and organizational skills
- Project planning and execution experience
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to understand requirements and share with the technical team
- Experience in thorough business analysis, Design Thinking approaches, and agile project management methodologies
- Strong data analysis skills and experience
- Good leadership and communication skills to help the agile teams clearly understand the requirements
- Experience in writing user stories, clearly articulating needs, features and acceptance criteria
Trading Operations Change The Bank Manager - Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Morgan Stanley USA
Goldman Sachs USA
Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley USA