Sr. Data Architect
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Bank of America Corporation
As part of the Chief Data Organization (CDO), the Enterprise Data Architecture (EDA) group is responsible for defining, implementing and maturing the overall data strategy for the company.
To date the strategy has focused on efforts tied to supporting the company's efforts for compliance with multiple regulatory requirements including Risk Data Aggregation (RDA), Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Global Resolution and Recovery Planning (GRRP) and Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting (NFRR).
As the firm moves forward to realize the objectives of Operational Excellence (OpEx), the data strategy, and more specifically the support function EDA provides needs to evolve in parallel.
The EDA team will partner with business and technology owners to conduct a forensic assessment of the data framework supporting their existing processes. In addition, as the horizontal processes defined as part of OpEx begin to take shape EDA will continue to consult on how the data framework should evolve in parallel with the horizontal process.
More specifically the team will help drive:
- Understanding of data and systems required to execute the work we do across the company
- Connection of critical data and systems to provide end-to-end visibility to process owners
- Partnership with business and technology teams to evolve the data framework supporting their processes aligned to the guiding principle of the Enterprise Data Strategy Data Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Consult with business and technology partners to conduct a forensic analysis of the existing data landscape by identifying, cataloging and connecting systems and data required to execute identified processes
- Leverage combination of technical and business expertise to analyze the findings to ensure a complete and comprehensive inventory has been collected
- Partner with business and technology teams to iterate on the collected inventory and begin to unwind the systems and data supporting the process and identify critical path data requirements, systems and optimization opportunities
- Execute communication and reporting routines that convey the results of the analysis tailored for numerous stakeholders at various levels of management
- Communicate, influence, and negotiate to obtain agreement between partners and escalating items, when needed, to ensure execution activities remain on track
- Engage with other teams to support completion of key deliverables and/or business outcomes in support of overarching EDA goals and business outcomes Required Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including preparation of presentation for senior leaders and regulators. Ability to synthesize complex series of inputs and communicate key messages via clear/concise documents, presentations, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working on multi-year, strategic initiatives that span multiple lines of business and control functions
- Experience with data management, or data aggregation and reporting in an enterprise function
- Self-motivation, self-direction, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or timelines
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate, and drive results.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
40 Sr. Data Architect