Lead Sales Support Representative/Key Accounts (291964-836)
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Fairmount Santrol
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich Legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Lead Sales Support Representative/Key Accounts who will have a positive impact on the Sales Services team at its Charlotte, NC location. The Lead Sales Support Representative will be the primary point of contact for the largest and most important glass foundry or building products customers. Responsible for ensuring that all customer complaints are appropriately logged and diagnosed, and leads the resolution of all issues after consultation with all involved parties. Provides oversight to ensure that all past due orders are fulfilled as expeditiously as possible. Assumes ownership of critical transaction processes during plant outages or other emergency situations. Responsible for ensuring that overall supply chain processes are aligned to unique customer needs. Primary and initial point of contact for collections issues.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Formulates and implement solutions for designated customers from unresolved escalated issues received across all channels.
* Ensure the logging of complaints and monitor and control resources and process until final, timely resolution.
* Build sustainable relationships with customer contacts, sales personnel and plants through personable and timely interaction. Understand key provisions in customer contracts and ensure adherence to volume commitments.
* Develop extensive knowledge of key customer needs within issue resolution categories including PO research and management, invoice corrections (RMA's), sample requests and complaint processes.
* Work with S&OP on a weekly basis to determine any additional material availability for top customers.
* Work with plants, logistics and customer service reps to establish prioritization of shipments when backlogs occur.
* Work with finance department on outstanding invoices and help to resolve with customer, if needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* 4-year Business Degree or equivalent work experience
* 2 - 5 years customer service experience
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce, ERP, and Outlook
* Action oriented problem solver with high attention to detail and ability to multi task and manage time effectively.
* Proven customer support experience, customer orientation and ability to adapt to and influence diverse audiences.
* Effective phone manner and active listening skills.
* Ability to handle a high-volume communications and drive best practice customer support and operation execution standards.
* Strong analytical skills with ability to understand and communicate complex issues.
* Strong customer orientation and ability to work steadily under pressure.
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life/AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.