Accounts Receivable Associate (291986-836)
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Covia Corp.
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets.
The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich Legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Accounts Receivable Associate who will have a positive impact on the Accounting team at its Ottawa, IL location. The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for performing any combination of the following: calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Runs daily invoices and sends to customers
* Verifies and posts cash receipts
* Prepares cash applications in ERP system
* Processes credit card transactions
* Perform monthly account reconciliations, complete monthly close procedures, and prepare monthly account analysis
* Basic filing and maintaining of financial records
* Other projects as assigned
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* High school diploma required
* 1 to 3 years of related accounting experience in accounts receivable preferred
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency of MS Excel
* Working knowledge of IFS preferred
* Great organizational skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life/AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.