Family and Community Advocate
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Mile High Montessori Early Learning Centers
Location: Metro Denver
Salary Range: $16 - $21.00 depending on qualifications, credentials and experience
Provide family resource services for families enrolled in Head Start and early childhood education programs. Monitor compliance in accordance with Head Start performance standards. Recruit and enroll families. Facilitate ethnically & culturally responsive approaches to problem solving for children and families. Participate in development and delivery of parent education materials and classes. Coach parents to learn and / or develop the skills for effective parenting, develop problem solving skills and assists with skills to improve and reinforce self-sufficiency.
- Encourage and support parent engagement
- Provide parenting and community resource support to center families
- Work as a team with family services and education staff throughout the program
- Complete family assessments
- Work closely with team members to create and deliver parent engagement events
- Maintain a caseload of families
- Complete data entry of enrollments and case-management activities
- Communicate with coworkers and families in a warm and professional manner
Required and preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Bi-lingual Spanish (a plus)
- Two years experience in human services
- Valid State of Colorado drivers license with current State of Colorado automobile insurance with at least minimum liability requirements
- Proficient knowledge of child development and parent involvement activities
- Able to work both opening (7am) and closing (6pm) center shifts (REQUIRED)
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Compliance with other regulatory requirements as applicable
- Pass CBI & FBI background check, post-employment medical examination and drug screen
- Clear understanding of verbal, written and oral communication
- Working knowledge of Head Start standards and licensing standards (preferred)
Mile High Early Learning is a premier provider of early care and education for children 6 weeks to five years focused on growing great young minds and preparing them for kindergarten and the world using a Montessori inspired curriculum approach.
Consider joining a learning organization that is as focused on growing great teachers and early childhood professionals as we are on providing a high quality educational experience for our students. Mile High Early Learning invests in our staff with on-going professional development including college courses, certifications, conferences and workshops. We regularly bring national experts to Denver to provide our staff with current and relevant learning opportunities not available elsewhere. Our Professional Learning Center programs include semi-annual CDA trainings, our Early Learning Leadership Residency program, and the Family Development Credential.
We are always looking to add talented, energetic, honest, positive, and creative people to our team. Negative people, gossipers, and whiners need not apply. Must be an outstanding communicator and rapport-builder with parents.
Mile Early Learning Offers:
• 4+ weeks of paid time off
• Employee discount for child care (65%)
• Health insurance (under $145/mth)
• Dental insurance (at no cost)
• Short term, Long term, and Life Insurance (no cost)
• Retirement Plan with employer match
• Flexible spending for Health & Dependent Care expenses
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and a list of references.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Mile High Early Learning is a drug-free work place and we perform pre-employment drug screenings.
National Conference of State Legislatures
Correct Care Solutions, LLC
Village at Belmar