Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Parallel Technologies
The DAS Design Engineer is responsible for implementation of distributed antenna systems (DAS) and other managed networks projects. Primary responsibilities include planning and supervision of radio frequency (RF) and customer testing, and system acceptance integration activities. The incumbent will collaborate closely with customer engineers and to develop and deploy designs that meet or exceed technical requirements.
Responsibilities for the RF Design Engineer:
- Define system performance and testing requirements for each Project/Venue.
- Create designs using engineering tools such as iBwave for commercial cell and enterprise systems.
- Direct or perform DAS surveys and designs.
- Direct or perform system testing utilizing scanners, spectrum analyzers, power meters, optical test equipment and other testing tools.
- Provide advanced design criteria.
- Manage the design work flow.
- Analyze and summarize test data to evaluate performance against key performance indicators (KPIs); Design networks to meet contracted KPIs.
- BS in Electrical Engineering Desired but not required.
- Progressive RF design engineering experience, which directly involves pre and post survey testing, and designing DAS networks via IBwave.
- iBwave Level 2 Certification, is highly desired.
- Demonstrated expertise presenting RF designs and performance analysis reports.
- Demonstrated expertise in cell site integration, performance testing, network optimization and network operations, including the following technologies: CDMA, EVDO, UMTS, HSPA and LTE.
- Experience designing enterprise DAS systems desired but not required.
- Self-manage and team player
Parallel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.