Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Adtalem Global Education
Job ID 209
Institution Adtalem Global Education
Employement Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Financial Analyst provides financial analysis and plays a key role in the development of financial models, annual budgets and forecasts and capital and expense analysis.
- Manage the collection, compiling and reporting of institutional enrollment to stakeholders
- Supports the annual budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning process
- Supports the monthly close, financial reporting and management reporting process
- Provides analytical decision support, including financial analysis, program profitability analysis, cost variance analysis and capital expenditure justification
- Works collaboratively with other institutions/functional areas (e.g. accounting, real estate, marketing, academic operations) to assist with enhancing business processes, internal controls and reporting
- Supports the development of presentations for institutional/functional leadership, board of directors/boards of trustees
- Summarize key data points when communicating to senior leaders
- Identifies process improvement opportunities
- Completes other duties as assigned
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of finance and/or accounting experience with demonstrated ability to analyze financial and operational data
- Knowledge of GAAP, ideally within a public company setting; awareness of Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Insightful and service oriented: Ability to organize information, manage tasks and analyze data
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive management and staff members
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with developing financial models
- Experience with corporate ERP systems preferred
- Experience with Cognos or TM1 Planning systems, or similar financial planning application preferred
- Potential to assume increasing responsibilities within the department and the organization
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com .