Radiology Tech- Heart and Vascular
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
MORE ON REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
1. Requires the ability to successfully complete the departments orientation phase. The Cardiac Cath Lab requires a hospital-provided EKG course and Introduction to IABP (Intra Aortic Balloon Pump) course within one year of a team members hire date.
2. Requires thorough knowledge of cardiac and/or vascular procedures and respective radiographic operations.
3. Demonstrates the analytical skills necessary to monitor test procedures and results in order to detect equipment malfunctions and improper techniques.
4. Demonstrates the interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) necessary to interact effectively with various Hospital staff, physicians, patients and their family and visitors.
5. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification is required and must be maintained.
Our client facility is located centrally of Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis and 3 miles from Michigan State Line. This is a college community experiencing economic growth and offers diverse living choices for anyone who is single or has a family. Top ten cities to live for the age group of 25-35!
If you are looking to be part of a facility that is growing and offers room for career advancement.read on.
The client wants people who want to move here and make it a career home. This is a NEW add-on position. This position reports to the Executive Director of Cardiac Services.
WHAT ELSE IS GREAT ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY? Progressive busy cardiac cath lab, that performs diagnostic and interventional catheterizations, some peripheral vascular procedures, busy EP lab with complex ablations and devices. Structure heart program that includes PFO closures, TAVR and soon will be starting Watchman procedure.
*Call is required- approximately one night per weekday and one weekend every 4-5 weeks. Three-person call team. You need to live within 30 minutes of the facility.
ONCALL: One night during the week. A rotating weekend every 4-5 weeks you will be on call. THERE IS AN ON-CALL RATE - $3.00 AND TIME AND A HALF IF COMING IN OVER THE WEEKEND!!
This position reports to the Director, Cardiovascular Diagnostics or Director, Vascular Services.
SOME OF THE DOINGS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
* As a part of the patient care team, performs scrub procedures, monitors patient hemodynamics during procedures, assists in providing CPR during emergency situations and takes protective measures to safeguard patients and other team members against excessive radiation exposure.
* Assists physicians in the diagnosis of cardiac, vascular and/or electro-physiological diseases by radiographic imaging of the patients heart and/or vascular system during peripheral vascular, coronary arteriograms, cardiac catheterizations and/or electro-physiological studies.
Salary is based on years of experience.
Our client is offering relocation and a full comprehensive benefits package.
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume along with full contact details.
Affinity Executive Search