Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
WHY WORK HERE? WELL, YOU WILL...
* Be part of a company that has a clearly stated and inspiring purpose;their mission is to make food that tastes great and is as close to homemade as possible.They use non-GMO verified, natural, or organic ingredients in almost all of their products_._
* Work on cutting edge product innovations.
* Receive competitive pay and benefits package (including dental, health & vision coverage,401K w/ max 4% match, and more).
* Enjoy an on-site cafeteria and fitness center (with group classes, locker rooms, and showers!).
* Be 30 minutes northwest of Albany, NY (the state capital) and 40 minutes southwest of Saratoga Springs. Near major cultural events, outside recreation and places to have fun throughout the year. Go see the ballet, listento great bands at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC), boat on beautiful Lake George, hike the famous trails of the Adirondacks, or ski at Lake Placid. There is plenty to keep youand/or your family busy. And, if you want the occasional big city attraction, it is a short drive to Boston, Montreal, and New York City.
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role you will work with the engineering team to supportmanufacturing objectives. Under the direction of an Electrical Engineer, you will useAutoCAD and AutoCAD Electricalto develop system designs, construction documents and schematics for electrical controls projects.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO...
* Developelectrical drawing designs using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical to create single power diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, interconnect diagrams, panel layouts and bill of materials.
* Developconduit and cable tray layouts, conduit and cable schedules, performs conduit and cable tray fill calculations, and generates cable and wire interconnection reports.
* Createdrawings for Electrical enclosures, equipment, instruments, and installations details with a strong understanding of electrical codes including NFPA 70, 79 and UL508A.
* Plan, schedulework, and final delivery of drawings.
* Organizeand maintainproject drawings according to applicable standards.
* Collaboratewith onsite contractors to create sketches, red lines, and as-built.
* Performdesign coordination, drawings reviews, and creates markups.
* Developinnovative solutions and is knowledgeable of construction processes.
* Certificate in Drafting and Design.
* AAS in Electrical or Design and Drafting is preferred.
* 2-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment or OEM machine builder or system integrator.
* A strong understanding of drafting techniques, discipline codes, and engineering terminology.
* Possessabstract thinking skills and be able to complete basic mathematical calculations.
* Additional experience that would be a plus:
* Strong understanding of Rockwell Automation electrical components including PLCs, I/O modules, VFDs, Servo drives, terminals, motor starters, HMIs and safety relays.
* Familiarity with safety circuit design for industrial control panels and equipment.
* Working with SolidWorks Electrical or EPLAN Electrical.
Affinity Executive Search
Octo Consulting Group
Crunch Fitness Int'l