Project Engineer (Material Handling Systems)
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Exercise your mind and your body with a company that offers...
* challenging work assignments
* an onsite fitness center
* tuition reimbursement
* competitive pay/benefits
* many career development and team-building opportunities
* philanthropic activities
As a Project Engineer you will perform engineering design, calculations, and conceptual layouts for a variety of material handling and high-speed sortation systems, including parcel handling environments. You will specify equipment as well as consult with vendors and clients on project needs and deliverables.
* Interact with the project team and client as neededto prepare or edit projectspecifications/reports.
* Design system layoutsand determine operational requirements so that a detailed system flow can be generated.
* Perform all required calculations to validate system throughput and workability.
* Specify and design systemdemolition and rework pertaining to the possible re-use of existingequipment.
* Design structural supportsteel layouts and perform related calculations.
* Lead system start-up, debug and testing activities and provide system review and punch-listing.
* Produce,review, and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
* Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites, and facilities.
* Provide technical direction and coaching to other team members and discipline members
* Be responsible for completion of assigned project deliverables as it relates to cost andschedule.
* Maintain projectrecords.
* Provide detailed engineers estimates for all conveyor systems and related installation work.
* Provide project scheduling input for conveyor systems implementation.
* Perform peer reviews of engineering materials, as directed to ensure deliverable quality.
* Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
* Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
* EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited universitywith at least 5 years of related work experience.
* Proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D software (proficiency in FactoryCAD, Inventor, or Solidworks is a plus)
* Proficient inMS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
* Skilled in conveyor system design and engineering.
* Understand basics ofmechanical systems and processes for varioustypes of conveyor systems, including high-speed sortation and material handling systems.
* Understand the basics of pneumatic, hydraulic, and conveyor electrical controls applications.
* Understand and befamiliar with governmental Safety Codes & Standards.
* Understand and befamiliar with client Specifications and Safety Codes & Standards.
* Understand contractdocuments and project records.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success (however the travel is very little!).
Affinity Executive Search
The DAKO Group
Crunch Fitness Int'l
Affinity Executive Search