Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
_Colorado Springs, CO_
_Western Region States_
This organization has become one of the top companies in its vertical, which the Deli and Bakery business within military commissaries. They are entrepreneurial in nature and look for a person with a similar traits and a person that is looking to run and structure a business unit their way. This is also a remote position, so having experience working remotely is essential.
The Regional Director is responsible for the leadership of about 160 company employees and the oversight of 20 to 25 Deli and Bakery departments located in military commissary grocery stores which are operated by the US Department of Defense on military bases throughout the western US. The Region Director serves as the leader in maintaining outstanding store conditions and customer service focusing on the development and motivation of a group of 4 to 5 District Managers and the in-store staffs. Creates an environment that continuously meets standards for sanitation, food safety, product merchandising, customer service and employee safety that delivers increases in customer counts and sales.
* Oversee the day-to-day management of all operational aspects of Deli, Bakery and Hot Food departments and staff plus oversight of Sushi operations. This includes: sales and profit growth, proper staffing, employee training, customer service, product presentation, cleanliness, sanitation, employee safety and compliance to the companys Human Resources policies.
* Oversee food safety compliance by meeting the requirements of the Military Tri-Service Food Code. Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly inspections by the Military Food Inspectors meet or exceed standards and expectations.
* Promotes employee safe operating procedures and ensures that safety procedures are followed in the stores.
* Continuously promotes a positive work environment and develop effective manager/employee relations and coaching standards.
* Develop positive working relationships with DeCA Store Management and personnel. Facilitate open communication and demonstrate responsiveness to issues or concerns.
* Train, coach and develop District Managers, Deli/Bakery Managers and Associates. Enforce completion of company required training programs. Provide focused training to address staff deficiencies or to reinforce operational standards and company expectations.
* Develop and execute for each store, a plan to maximize and increase sales and customer counts including the development of strategic plans for possible future projects or programs to reach more customers or to increase sales.
* Maximize Gross Margin through control of product mix, effective merchandising, control of salvage and shrink, and maintaining effective procedures for inventory and price surveillance for nearby supermarkets.
* Effectively executes new product introductions and new merchandising programs in all departments to raise customer count in the stores.
* Manage operating costs including budgeting of work hours and control of the cost of labor.
* Take an active role in succession planning, to include the identification of those capable of career development and creating a development plan.
POSITION SUCCESS PROFILE:
* A four-year college degree in an applicable discipline is highly preferred. We will consider a two-year degree with experience that offsets a four-year degree.
* Minimum of two years supervisory experience managing multi-unit operations in the supermarket or food service industry.
* Proven leadership and team building skills; ability to motivate and manage all levels of employees both management and staff levels.
* Strong communication skills with a focus on ability to form clear written communications for interaction with Government officials.
* Demonstrated strong personal organizational skills
* Excellent skills in financial analysis and investigation of causal factors.
* Solid computer skills including Excel and Word. Company will provide all the required equipment to create a robust home office.
* Ability to handle the rigors of extensive overnight travel. Can be 60-70% Travel.
* Must have, or obtain upon employment, a Food Safety certification from ServSafe.
Affinity Executive Search