Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Responsible for the day-to-day aspects of Process Engineering. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting, developing and promoting process improvements. Responsible for designing and implementing process controls, assisting in the development and introduction of new products and processes. Monitors production, giving effective feedback to production personnel. Applies problem-solving skills to ascertain the root cause of production problems, and determines the best course of action for their resolution. Resolves production problems working within our quality system to minimize or eliminate production downtime and non-conforming product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist manufacturing in resolving production problems (active involvement in daily production activities.)
* Develop and promote process improvements.
* Support the Sales Department with quote costing information.
* Participate in department operational team meetings; support DOT goals of cycle time reduction, lowering costs, and enhancing product quality.
* Ensure that engineering documentation used for production is accurate, complete, and functional for producing product that conforms to our quality guidelines as well as customer requirements.
* Apply knowledge of the raw materials and the equipment used to process the materials to streamline processes and enhance quality where possible.
* Develop specifications for raw materials.
* Work with the purchasing department to source materials necessary to maintain or improve production.
* Assist in the education of production personnel in the area of processing and products for purposes heightening the overall awareness of product quality and customer requirements.
* Work with BUG leaders, engineers, and production personnel to coordinate the production of new product prototypes.
* Assist in the development of new processes and new product prototypes.
* Aid in the transition of new products from development stages to production.
* Determine appropriate courses of actions based on conclusions drawn by applying statistical theory to data collected by production personnel (i.e. on the fly adjustments to the process).
* Respond to the requests of production personnel in their need for a better way to do things.
* Apply sound engineering principles to support our quality policy and quality objectives.
* Maintains a safe work environment and follows safety rules and regulations in accordance with our establishedpolicies.
* Seeks additional responsibilities and performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering.
* Two plus years experience and/or knowledge in the areas of Quality and Manufacturing desirable.
* Experience and/or knowledge in the areas of statistics and ceramic material processing strongly desirable.
* Any similar combination of education and experience indicated above.
* Experience working within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system is desirable.
* Demonstrates strong leadership and team skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask.
* Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office; recommended experience in Visual Manufacturing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move between 25 and 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and steel-toed safety shoes. Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Affinity Executive Search
M+W US, Inc.
Goldman Sachs USA
M+W US, Inc.