Environmental Engineer / Remediation Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Prepares remediation plans and specifications to determine the most appropriate environmental solutions to problems.
* Performs remedial system design for smaller-scale projects under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
* Oversees installation and operation and maintenance of remedial systems, including preparing field work orders, system evaluations and upgrades, advanced troubleshooting and ensuring permit compliance.
* Assists with detailed proposals and cost estimates on moderate size projects.
* Coordinates and oversees construction activities during smaller-scale system installation procedures.
* Serves as the engineering resource to a project team on smaller projects.
* Assists senior/project engineers on larger-scale projects.
* Costs out, plans, prepares, and performs any type of pilot test activity to make solid field-related decisions.
* Prepares quarterly status reports for submittal to regulatory agencies.
* Works in the office or the field to fulfill project needs.
National company serving global clients with an engaged workforce and a leadership team committed to excellence. Our vision is to be the best at what we do: providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors. Our core values are centered on safety, quality of service, and doing whats right for our employees, our clients, and the environment. Since our founding in 1985, weve remained true to these values while adapting and growing to better meet our clients evolving business needs.
We focus on developing and delivering right-sized, practical solutions based on our clients objectives whether those are to invest in new infrastructure, reduce expenses, eliminate liabilities, maintain compliance, or improve processes. Our understanding of client goals and operations, combined with technical knowledge and regulatory expertise, gives us the ability to think outside the box and deliver value-based solutions. This approach carries through all of our services, from strategic consulting to safe and efficient project execution.
We are looking for a Environmental Engineer / Remediation Engineer for our Tampa office
* A Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, Civil, Mechanical).
* 5-10+ years of engineering related experience remediating chlorinated solvents, pesticides, and/or petroleum constituents. Must have experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program.
* E.I.T. or P.E. certification (Georgia or Florida) preferred, but not required.