Geologist / Scientist - Mid Level
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* With senior oversight, handles most aspects of case management for retail or bulk petroleum, and industrial environmental remediation project work
* Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs
* Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection
* Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model
* Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution
* Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies
* Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues
* Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
National company serving global clients with an engaged workforce and a leadership team committed to excellence. Our vision is to be the best at what we do: providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors. Our core values are centered on safety, quality of service, and doing whats right for our employees, our clients, and the environment. Since our founding in 1985, weve remained true to these values while adapting and growing to better meet our clients evolving business needs.
We focus on developing and delivering right-sized, practical solutions based on our clients objectives whether those are to invest in new infrastructure, reduce expenses, eliminate liabilities, maintain compliance, or improve processes. Our understanding of client goals and operations, combined with technical knowledge and regulatory expertise, gives us the ability to think outside the box and deliver value-based solutions. This approach carries through all of our services, from strategic consulting to safe and efficient project execution.
We are looking for a Mid-Level Geologist / Scientist for our Fort Lauderdale office
* Bachelors degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related disciple.
* 5-8+ years of related experience. Must include fieldwork and office based experience in the environmental consulting field.
* Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare Site Assessment and Monitoring Reports with a focus on QA/QC.
* Must have working knowledge of Floridas environmental regulations. Knowledge Floridas Petroleum Restoration Program is a plus.
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
* Experience with LPS or a behavior based health & safety program is a plus.
Avis Budget Group
Envision Physician Services