Project Field Engineer
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Participates with field management by monitoring the progress of the schedule for timely completion within budget.
* Assists field management in reviewing project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
* Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget.
* Reviews project estimates and cost control systems at the beginning of the project.
* Attains a thorough understanding of contract drawings, specifications, and scope of work and requirements of subcontractors and suppliers.
* Participates in subcontractor project orientation meetings.
* Works with office personnel in the communication and coordination of submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and field management.
* Participates with field management in the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention, Sustainability Action Plan (SAP) and Quality Control Program.
* Participates in field management by coordinating subcontractor and Balfour Beatty Construction field personnel in designated areas of expertise.
* Active with field management in communicating with subcontractors and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, sustainability, quality control and other performance standards.
* Monitors with field management to ensure project site and company assets are secure, and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
* Participates with field management on the pre-final inspection of the work prior to the punch list and ensures a timely project closeout process is followed prior to final inspection.
* Works with field management in ensuring the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customers expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
* Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends operations classroom training programs and assists in the development of interns /co-ops.
Industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm, we are challenging the construction industrys assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nations largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record.
Our Orlando, Florida we are seeking a Project Field Engineer to work on local ground-up commercial construction job-sites. The Project Field Engineerworks with the field management (Assistant Superintendent and/or the Superintendent) with the daily execution of the designated field operations of the construction project. Actively participates with the coordination of the subcontractors and self-performed work. Tracks and monitors with coordination of delivered materials. Proactively manages portions of the work ensuring the project is built on time, within budget and according to company policies and procedures.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Construction Science or an Engineering related field.
* Previous Internship or current working experience with a commercial construction general contractor required.
* Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* Tier 1 construction backgrounds, very helpful.
* Local qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Change orders.
* Assisting with sub-contractor meeting minutes.