Operations Manager (Chemical)
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* providing backup support to the Facility Manager, and providing facility leadership in the absence of the Facility Manager.
* Lead the Operations team, promoting a safe operating culture.
* Maximize production while constantly working to drive down operating cost.
* Interface with Compliance and Safety managers to ensure all requirements are met.
* Work with the Maintenance department to prioritize repairs and improvement projects.
* Evaluate equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
* Assist in troubleshooting process and equipment problems involving rotating equipment, vacuum systems, fired heaters/exchangers, tankage, instrumentation, waste water treatment, etc.
* Work with management to develop capital improvement projects including design, budgeting, justification, management, and reporting.
* Assist in managing elements of the facilities Process Safety Management program including coordinating HAZOPs, mechanical integrity, management of change, etc.
* BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
* 5 + years experience in a petrochemical, chemical, refining or related type facility.
* 3+ years of supervisory experience, preferably in Operations Management.
* Capital project management experience.
* Process and equipment troubleshooting capabilities including distillation columns, industrial vessels, rotating equipment, control systems, instrumentation, piping etc.
* Experience with EHS compliance, particularly Process Safety Management.
* Has strong leadership and communication skills and willing to be a "Hands On" out in the plant working mgr.